Thursday 7 May 2015

SHOULD NEWBIES MEMORIZE ALL TAGS, FUNCTION AND CLASSES?

I usually get this question from folks that are new to programming. It is really a confusing situation especially when you see the so called pros hitting up all the codes offhand….and you be like…men when will I get to know all this codes?

Well, I believe about sixty percent of the pro programmers all undergo such disturbing stage in their journey in becoming experts. So do not panic, just settle down and keep reading. I will give you the both side of the coin. It is reliant on you to choose for yourself.  Bear in mind there is no one way, to solve a problem as a programmer. We all have different ways of solving a problem. So am not teaching you how to solve your problem am helping you answer your disturbing questions by giving you clues.  

1.   DO YOU CRAM FORMULA IN PHYSICS?


 I wasn’t really a good physics student while I was in secondary school. But when I got admission into my tertiary school I had no choice than to learn how to solve problem in physics. One of my classmate that was taking us physics at school said one thing that I need to relate to tags and functions he said, “if you want to know physics cram all the formula then apply them to their problems” I took that straight to my heart and I did well at my exams. so what is my point; cramming is not a bad thing. You will at some point, memorize a lot of tags, functions and class. But please do not cram codes. You will end up not being able to solve problems. and programming is about solving problem. I was almost like that I couldn’t think beyond the examples that I have code before.

2.   NOT ALL PHYSICIST CRAM FORMULA.


I met one nerd at College of Animal Health and Production and we had a long discussion on physics he told me how he learnt physics and he said; “I did not cram any formula what I did was to check the formula anytime I needed it, and my constant practice helped me to achieved a lot without cramming; because am always working on different exercise on physics.”

Now what is my take on that relating to programming?

The more you code, the more familiar you become with the codes and the more it becomes a part of you. When you code every time you wouldn’t have to go through the stress of cramming. And do you know sometimes you still forget the things you cram! So, you will still have to consult materials or Google it out. Right? Ye.  There is nothing wrong about that.  You shouldn’t allow anyone intimidate you because, you do not know all the tags, functions and class offhand. That is not what matters—what matters is what you end up producing with those function, classes and tags and how logical you solve problem. It all narrow down to your intelligent quotient.
          I believe cramming or no cramming should be a thing of personal choice and not some serious head disturbing issues. Get off yourself and study, practice, debug, analyze, think hard and put that on loop as your everyday routine as a programmer.

If you have anything more in mind other than the above mention points of mine. Please feel free to talk to me through comment and I will respond to you as quick as possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment